Reduce Bedroom Allergens
We have had at least two families that have had good results minimizing allergy symptoms by replacing their down bedding with wool bedding. According to them, the improvement was remarkable. Down can harbor lots of allergens!
Here are a variety of other ways to reduce bedroom allergens.
- Encase your mattress and pillow, or at least give them a mattress protector
- Wash bedding frequently with hot water
- Use a dehumidifier, air conditioner or other means to keep indoor air dry
- Instead of wall-to-wall carpeting, use hardwood floors with a washable throw rug
- Vacuum floors and beds regularly
- Keep pets out of bedroom and especially off the bed
- Keep clutter to a minimum
- Dust frequently
Tips For Better Indoor Air Quality
- Avoid memory-foam products
- Don’t smoke inside
- If you must use a fireplace, keep the flue clean
- Remove shoes at entryway
- Don’t use pesticides on your yard
- Use natural cleaning products
- Install carbon monoxide detectors
- Use no-VOC paints and sealers.
- Avoid wood products that contain formaldehyde (like particleboard)
Those with Allergies and Multiple Chemical Sensitivities are generally very pleased with our latex and wool products, as these materials are resistant to dust mite infestation, mildew growth and contain no man-made chemicals.
Here is more about Multiple Chemical Sensitivities.
Here is a useful list of information about fragrance and other allergies.