Reduce Bedroom Allergens
We have had at least two families that have had good results minimizing allergy symptoms by replacing their down bedding with wool bedding. According to them, the improvement was remarkable. Down can harbor lots of allergens!
Here are a variety of other ways to reduce bedroom allergens.
- Encase your mattress and pillow, or at least give them a mattress protector
- Wash bedding frequently with hot water
- Use a dehumidifier, air conditioner or other means to keep indoor air dry
- Instead of wall-to-wall carpeting, use hardwood floors with a washable throw rug
- Vacuum floors and beds regularly
- Keep pets out of bedroom and especially off the bed
- Keep clutter to a minimum
- Dust frequently