A Short List For Better Indoor Air Quality
- Avoid memory-foam products
- Avoid chemical flame retardants
- Don’t smoke inside
- If you must use a fireplace, keep the flue clean
- Remove shoes at entryway
- Don’t use pesticides on your yard
- Use natural cleaning products
- Install carbon monoxide detectors
- Use no-VOC paints and sealers.
- Avoid wood products that contain formaldehyde (like particleboard)
Here is a very comprehensive discussion about indoor air quality.
Those with Allergies and Multiple Chemical Sensitivities are generally very pleased with our latex and wool products, as these materials are resistant to dust mite infestation, mildew growth and contain no man-made chemicals.
Here is more about Multiple Chemical Sensitivities.
Here is a useful list of information about fragrance and other allergies.